HOW TO MARKET MY CREATIVE STARTUPThe Startup Checklist
Here’s a checklist, that will help you spark ideas for your startup marketing.
I also made it available for download so to help on your way.
“There are two types of people in this world. Those who will do whatever it takes to create the life of their dreams…and everybody else. Choose who you want to become very wisely.”
- Create a simple website – Doesn’t need to be fancy.
- Get some links to your website. This will help your website to rank higher in Google.
- Make sure you have a beautiful logo
- Create an Instagram, a Facebook, and a Twitter page. Follow people there and interact with other accounts like there is no tomorrow.
- Start a blog. Blogging is a very cheap marketing strategy that will attract the right audience to your company website.
- Keep writing blog articles. Yep. Starting a blog is a good idea but it won’t get you anywhere if you’re not constant with your publications.
- Build your email list. Email is still one of the most powerful and profitable marketing channels. Leverage it.
- View 100 new LinkedIn profile per day. This is one of my favorite hack these days. When you view a LinkedIn profile, people get a notification. They’ll probably look at what you do and visit your website. Free traffic.
- Reach out to influencers. Send them products.
- Reach out to bloggers, journalists, industry leaders.
- Keep reaching out to whoever could be useful.
- Install Google Analytics on your website. Monster insights & SEO Yoast!
- Start business contacts on Facebook. A lot of people will tell you that Facebook is not the place for business, but I’ll tell you the complete opposite. Most of my business contacts came from me simply reaching out to them on Facebook.
- Create a Facebook ad that promotes your product clearly. Stop trying to be fancy again. Make it clear what you’re selling and put it in front of the right audience.
- Create a Facebook retargeting ad. People might not buy from you or reach out the first time. Make sure you’re always in their face.
- Invest in Google Adwords (Youtube & Skillshare are great resources)
- Reach out to potential customers. Probably said this one more than one time, but when you’re on a budget and need people to know about it, there’s nothing more powerful than taking your phone or emailing potential customers.
Interested in the full PDF checklist? Findliaison@gmail.com
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? HERE’S MORE
I know these are hard time for small businesses, including yours. To help business owners assess what options are available to them amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, I have gathered current information pertaining to the Cities of New York and Los Angeles in hopes to offer...
Article by Arlie Peyton At the start of 2020, Arlie reached out to me to connect with regards to the SMMA space. I'd be lying if I didn't say I initially noticed the lack of females in the space. So given that when Arlie asked if I would be open to sharing some...
Many people dream of starting their own business and creating a life that allows one to travel and have fun while earning an income. While most don’t follow through, that’s not to say it’s not easier than you think to achieve in today's digital age. As a marketer,...